ISO/IEC 12207, News
Buenos Aires, Argentina -WG 7 Meeting
WG 7 met in Buenos Aires, Argentina November 12-16 2012. At the meeting there were 18 delegates from 9 countries and two liaison organization.
The highlights were:
- IEEE 828 Commence work on a new standard for system and software verification and validation. A special working group is studying taxonomy on V & V. More work needs to be done
- ISO/IEC 12207 with ISO/IEC 15288- Integration/Harmonization of
- 12207 to Service Oriented Architecture -Application of
- – Next step NWIP Vote by Third quarter 2013
- ISO/IEC 15026 System and Software Assurance is designed as a four part document:
- Part 1Concepts and Vocabulary-Phase- Out for DIS ballot
- Part 3 (System Integrity Levels) WD 1 due by May 15,2012
- Part 4 (Assurance in the Life Cycle) Still in the DIS stag
- ISO/IEC TR 15271 Guide for ISO/IEC 12207 and ISO/IEC TR 19760 Guide for ISO/IEC 15288 has become ISO/IEC TR 24748.
- Part 4: Out for CD ballot
- Part 5 Software Development Planning - CD registration and ballot is the next step
- ISO/IEC TR 16350 Application Management
- CD registration and Ballot by March 2013
- ISO/IEC 24748 -4 System Engineering Planning-
- ISO/IEC 24748 -5 Software Development Planning-
- CD ballot by March 2013
- ISO/IEC 29148-Requirement Engineering Standard
- Estimated publication date is fourth quarter 0f 2011
- ISO/IEC TR 30103 - Framework for Product Quality Achievement
- DTR and ballot by the third quarter of 2013
The next meetings of ISO/IEC JTC1/SC 7 WG7 are as follows:
- Montreal, Canada, May 27-31,2013
- Toulose, France November 2013
- Sydney, Australia 2014
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
On the news menu bar see special buttons for:
- For the relationships between ISO/IEC 12207, ISO/IEC 90003 and ISO/IEC 15504
- For the layout of the ISO/IEC 12207 Standard.
- For the "Engineering View of ISO/IEC 12207".
- For the "Supporting Processes" for ISO/IEC 12207.
- For the "Maintenance View of ISO/IEC 12207" Maintenance Process.
- For the "The Five Steps Approach to Implement 12207 in a Successful Manner".
- For the major cost drivers that influence the cost to implement 12207.
- For answers to the most frequently asked questions about 12207.
This page lists a focal point person by country for ISO/IEC 12207. Those persons listed below are the Heads of Delegation for the country or organization. To contact the country representative concerning this document, Click on the name below.
Usage of ISO/IEC12207.
Following is a listing of firms or organizations, by country, that are using ISO/IEC12207. This table is updated as information is received. If your organization and country is not listed and should be, please notify us. Our goal is to name at least three firms per country that are using 12207.
||Firms or Organizations Using ISO/IEC 12207
||Advance Mincom Limited
||T.S.F Telesistemi Ferroviari S.p.A.
Gambro Dasco S.p.A.
Praxis Calcolo S.p.A.
||Haldex Traction AB
Cambio Healthcare Systems AB
Swedish Defence Material Administration (FMV)
||In the UK, ISO/IEC 12207 is referenced as part of software sector guidance material, associated with the TickIT certification scheme (www.tickit.org)
We welcome additional news or personal experiences on the use of ISO/IEC 12207 or a related standard. Please notify us and this information will be posted.
Order the 2008 version of
ISO/IEC 12207:2008 (Checklist Available)
Note: The new IEEE 12207:2008 is the same as the ISO/IEC 12207:2008 version. These two standards were developed together. However the IEEE standard may also be order here.
IEEE 12207:2008 (Checklist Available)