ISO/IEC 12207, News
WG 7 met in Suzhou, China, May 23- 27, 2016. 25 delegates from 12 National Bodies and 2 liaison organizations attended this meeting.
The highlights were:
- ISO/IEC 12207
- The status of the next update is DIS vote starting in July 2016
- ISO/IEC 15026 System and Software Assurance
NWIP proposd and CD by 2017.
- ISO/IEC 15939 Measurement Process
- In FDIS Ballot. Completion 1st quarter of 2017.
- ISO/IEC/IEEE 16326 Project Management
iIn Committee draft stage stage . To be complete by the Berlin meeting. Next step CD registration ballot.s standard.
- ISO/IEC 16085 Risk Management
A revision is being Initiated to update this standard. I working draft of the revision should be available by the 3rd quarter of 2016
- ISO/IEC 15026 System and Software Assurance is designed as a four part document:
- Part 1 Corrigenda Concepts and Vocabulary- Back at the NWIP stage with a CD possible by 4th quarter 2016.
- Part 2 In abanace
- Part 3 System Integrity Levels- Next step FDIS
- Part 4 Editor to prepare CD-Quality draft by Berlin meeting based on 15288
- ISO 90003
- Andy Coster appointed editor. A NWIP and WD to be done by Berlin Meeting
- ISO/IEC 29148 - Requirements Engineering - Next step is a NWIP and CD registratiom
- System of Systems - Work will be assigned to WG 7
- 2016 Interim – November 14-18 Berlin, Germany
- 2017 Plenary - May 14-18, Kuantan,Malaysia
- 2017 Interim - Mexico
- 2018 Plenary - India (TBC)
- 2019 Plenary -Thailand (TBC)
- Relationships between ISO/IEC 12207, ISO/IEC 90003 and ISO/IEC 15504.
- Layout of the ISO/IEC 12207 Standard.
- Engineering View of ISO/IEC 12207.
- Supporting Processes for ISO/IEC 12207.
- Maintenance View of ISO/IEC 12207 Maintenance Process.
- The Five Steps Approach to Implement 12207 in a Successful Manner.
- Major cost drivers that influence the cost to implement 12207.
- Answers to the most frequently asked questions about 12207.
We welcome additional news or personal experiences on the use of ISO/IEC 12207 or a related standard. Please notify us and this information will be posted.
Buy the 2008 version of ISO/IEC 122072008-SEPT Checklist Available in MS Word Format